We ask that everyone follow these ARRIVAL and DISMISSAL procedures.
1. Students should arrive at MIS no earlier than 7:25 a.m. We do not have supervision for students until 7:25 a.m. For organizational and safety reasons, students should be “dropped off” or “picked up” at the end of the canopy which is located at the intersection of 10th Street and Scott Street. Students should not be dropped off or picked up in the Superintendent’s Office parking lot or by the Fine Arts building.
2. During arrival and departure times, the street located to the east of the school (between the school and the football stadium), only buses will be allowed. Car arrivals and departures should travel northbound on 10th Street.
3. During arrival and departure times, cars should travel north on 10th Street and start lining up at the STOP sign located at the intersection located by the Fine Arts building and the intersection of Scott Street and the alley to the east of MIS. During arrival and departure times, it may be necessary for vehicles to “weave” through the parking lot. We do not want to cause undue congestion on 10th Street.
4. Upon dropping off or picking up your child(ren), you may travel west on Scott Street or south on 10th Street.
5. Please note the areas that will be “One Way” on the diagram on the back of this Procedure Information Sheet.
6. As buses will be dropping off students and picking up students before car-riding students, we will provide school personnel to “direct” traffic during arrival and dismissal. This will allow buses, cars, and students to enter and exit without delays.
7. During arrival and times, buses will exit via Scott Street. Cars waiting at the STOP sign will be “directed” when to turn onto Scott Street so that children can be dropped off or picked up safely at the corner of the school where the canopy ends.
8. Please do NOT drop off children or ask that they enter your vehicle at other places than designated. We are very concerned for the safety of our children.
If you are dropping off or picking up your child at a different time of the day than normal arrival and dismissal times, please feel free to use the roadway in front of the school and to park in the parking area in front of the school.
MIS Arrival and Departure Times: (times may vary)
Morning Arrival Time is 7:25-7:35 a.m. Tardy bell rings at 7:45 a.m.
Departure Times: 2:45 (bus riding students) 2:55 (car riding students)
3:05 (walking and bike riding students)
Band students: 3:10 (car riding, walking, and bike riding students) 3:20 (bus riding students)